About

Thursday, 17 April 2014

THAT Dress

 
Hello again lovelies!

Last month my sister bought this gorgeous little dress to wear to a Christening! Recognise it?

 
After showing me the dress I fell in love with it, I decided I'd make a cheeky purchase myself the next day.  Unfortunately with no such luck.
 
Here's why...

Queen B was papped wearing the same dress.
The next day BOOM it was sold out in every Topshop to grace the planet.
Topshop's Satin Stripe A-Line Dress went A-List!

This got me thinking about some other famous dresses, I'm sure you'll recognise my favourites...


Audrey Hepburn
Designer - Hubert de Givenchy
Cinema -(1961) Breakfast at Tiffanys
 
 
 
Elizabeth Hurley
Designer - Versace
 (1994) Premiere Four Weddings and a Funeral
 
 
Marilyn Monroe
Designer - William Travilla
Cinema -(1955) The Seven Year Itch

 
Jennifer Lopez
Designer - Versace
(2000) 42nd Academy Awards
 
 
Michelle Obama
Designer - Jason Wu
 (2009) President Obama Inauguration

 
Kate Moss
Designer - Christian Dior (vintage)
(2007) V&A Golden Age of Couture Gala
 
 
Princess Diana
Designer - Christina Stambolian
(1994) Serpentine Gallery Vanity Fair Summer Party
 
 
AND SOME FAMOUS WEDDING DRESSES
 
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton
Designer - Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen
(2011) -Royal Wedding

Sarah Jessica Parker
Designer - Vivienne Westwood
Cinema (2008) Sex and the City Movie
 
Grace Kelly
Designer - Helen Rose
(1956) Royal Wedding
 
Kristen Stewart
Designer - Carolina Herrera
Cinema -(2011) Breaking Dawn Twilight Saga
 
Princess Diana
Designer - David and Elizabeth Emanuel
(1982) Royal Wedding

 
THE UNFORGETABLE OTHERS
 
Lady Gaga
Designer - Franc Fernandez
(2010) MTV Video Music Awards

 
Bjork
Designer - Marjan Pejoski 
(2001)73rd Academy Awards



Jessica Rabbit
Cinema -(1988) Who Framed Roger Rabbit

 
Geri Halliwell
Designer-  Gucci(original black dress)/her own creation
(1997) Brit Awards

Famous for the wearer or the event, I think they all deserve a place in the fashion Hall of Fame.

Have a great weekend lovelies!
 Happy Easter if you celebrate it...
don't eat too much chocolate ;)

Keep Smiling :)
xo
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. That dress is beautiful and I'm loving your fashion Hall of Fame picks!
    Hope you have had a lovely Easter and are enjoying the long weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I had a fab Easter weekend I hope you did too xx

      Delete
  2. That dress is beautiful and I'm loving your fashion Hall of Fame picks!
    Hope you have had a lovely Easter and are enjoying the long weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun post! Sorry that you did not get that dress .. it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( still sad about that!! Wishing my sister was the same size!
      Thanks Faith xx

      Delete
  4. Love all the dresses! I will never forget when J.Lo wore that dress- it was such a scandal at the time! :)

    ReplyDelete