About

Sunday, 13 April 2014

Life in the flat lane | Shoe Talk




Girls love shoes it's so very clichè but in my case so very true, being a tiny 5ft *cough 4ft11 cough* skyscraper heels are definately my fortè

I have a ridiculous amount of heels I'm somewhat of an addict.
 
Shoe clearout begins...

Unfortunately with a combination of recovering from a badly sprained knee and ankle, starting running and wearing flats for the entire winter (currently in denial that it might be because I'm getting older)
I have lost the ability to walk in heels.  Well certainly not without looking a baby elephant attempting ballet, zero stability and even less elegance.

The main culprits are anything above 3.5 inch heel height, stilettos, those barely there sandals that I love so dearly and anything  with a sling back.


I got some black pumps for Christmas and decided to give them their first outing last Friday.




I was getting ready at a friends straight from work so had thrown everything into an overnight bag and didn't think to take another choice of shoes. Fail!

The first few steps were killer, not because they were tight or rubbing anywhere but because I honestly felt like my ankle was going to snap. 
I couldn't walk only teeter and let me assure you teetering is not a good look.
I convinced myself they'd be fine after half an hour or so. I was wrong.  Embarrassingly I had to come home straight after the meal to retire the heels and save my wobbling little ankles. House - car, car - restaurant and return, I'll have an estimated guess at 100steps what a waste of a pretty shoe!!

I'd had a similar experience back in February but had put it down to not having fully recovered from my knee/ankle injury.
 
I wore these

 

...to a family wedding and had to walk over this...



...I'll leave the rest to your beautiful little imaginations!

Gone are the days of wearing skyscraper heels for hours standing in bars chatting or dancing in nightclubs drowning the pain in the balls of my feet with another Grey Goose French Martini till the wee hours.

I've read the reports on how damaging heels are blah, blah, blah I have some bent toes, some claw toes, I have the misaligned pelvis and have practically no feeling in both my little toes.

To avoid anymore embarrassment or injury I have accepted it may be time to start wearing sensible shoes *rolls eyes*

As much as there are beautiful flats out there I just don't love them, they don't make my legs look skinnier or me look "average" height, and I just never feel dressed up until I throw on my heels  *wipes tears* I will miss you killer heels! 


Side Note: This post was not designed to put you off wearing high heels but rather to encourage you NOT to fall downstairs and sprain your ankle and knee (ironically whilst wearing slippers) so that you can have a successfully long relationship with your skyscraper heels.


The 'unwearables' now live at the top of my wardrobe, maybe one day I'll wear them again...unlikely.


Are you a high heel lover or loather?


Have a fab weekend!

Keep Smiling :D

4 comments:

  1. I've always been so jealous of heel wearers! I'm 5'10 so some of the beauties available make me well over 6 foot! Not such a good look when one of my exes was already a couple of inches shorter ;) You have quite the collection of lovely shoes! I agree though, comfort tends to rule these days! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm the complete opposite my bf is 6ft4 without heels the height difference is almost embarrassing, I've been mistaken for his daughter before haha!
      My friend is tall too she doesn't wear heels often, mostly because I beg her not to haha!!
      Comfort is defo the way forward x

      Delete
  2. aww, I would cry so hard if I could not wear my heels anymore. they are actually more comfortable to me than flats ... yeah, not normal!

    but yeah, def. a heel lover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I was exactly the same when I started running I was really concerned about pains I had in my feet and legs, turns out it was them adjusting to not being in heels!!
      I think I might keep trying, maybe wear them around the house to see how I get on!
      Xo

      Delete