About

Sunday, 13 January 2013

'Nobody puts Baby in the corner' and some other random rambling

Hello lovelies,

I hope you've all been having a lovely weekend!

On Friday evening my mum, sisters and I went to see Dirty Dancing on stage in Edinburgh, I had got mum the tickets for Christmas as she loves the movie, like most of us girlies do, it's an epic chick flick afterall (although I did find out recently that my friend Jade has NEVER seen it, how is that even possible!!!?!).

It was such a good girls night, the dancers were fantastic, the music was great, the acting, ok it was a little cheesy but what else can we expect from the ultimate chick flick!!
The only downfall for me was Jonny, he just wasn't Jonny, I wasn't feeling it for him at all, I guess no-one but the late, great Mr Patrick Swayze will ever be Jonny Castle!

Last night I went for a lovely meal and drinks with some friends, I nominated myself as driver as I'm trying not to drink any alcohol for as long as I can in a effort to shift some extra weight I've been carrying around. (I'm not an alcoholic, honest)

Which brings me to my next ramble, my friend Gemma and I are going to have a weigh-in every Thursday so we can record how were getting on with our bikini body mission.
I'm actually really excited about this and think it will motivate me to eat healthy and work hard at the gym as I hate to fail.
I am not dieting, I eat pretty healthy meals I just have a few extras I need to cut out like cupcakes, chocolate and Friday nights, wine time.
I'm hoping to lose 1lb per week which I think is achievable, obviously anything extra would be great!!!
Let me know if you'd like updates on how I get on?

After the theatre on Friday night, I left my iPhone and camera in my sisters car she has been at her in-laws since and I won't get it back till later tonight. I seriously did not realise how much I am addicted to my iPhone, WOW I feel a bit lost! Far too dependant on it, this I must change!!!!!

So I've no pictures to share other than a couple my little sister took on her phone at the show :(

What was life like before smartphones?
What have you been up to this weekend?

Keep Smiling :D



16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend Angela!
    I'd love to see Dirty Dancing on stage!
    Oh my god, my sim packed up on my iPhone a few months ago, lost is not the word!!! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise at all how much I rely on it, I was so bad I barely knew the time most of the day Saturday and arranging to meet the girls was I nightmare I had no-ones number and they didn't have my flat number, crazy!!!
      It was fab on stage but I think I love the movie more!!!! Xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's one of those movies you never get tired of, even if you know it word for word!!!
      :)
      Xx

      Delete
  3. I love that movie- I hadn't heard it was a play, but that sounds fantastic! Best of luck with the weight loss, I'd love to hear more as you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      It was good fun, if it comes to somewhere near you get your girlfriends together and go see it xxx

      Delete
  4. Ooh I'd love to see Dirty Dancing on the stage - it would be really hard to find a decent replacement for Patrick though...! Nobody can compete with Patrick!

    Jo x amomentwithjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I would love to see Dirty Dancing on stage!

    Good luck with your weight loss goals! I love to read of your progress! :)

    I completely agree that I have no idea what I would do without my smartphone!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faith!
      I hope you get the chance to go see it!!
      Have a great week too xx

      Delete
  6. What a great idea with the weighing in every week with a friend...that would def be good motivation! Good luck girls!!

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it works!!! Fingers crossed my bikini body is still in there somewhere lol xx

      Delete
  7. Oh man, I would love to see Dirty Dancing! Love that movie! And I completely understand; I would be lost without my phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I hope you get the chance to see it too!!
      Yeah it was tough thankfully I've been reunited with my phone, really shocked at how much I NEED it lol xx

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog :-) You are so kind!!
    This show looks like a blast. Glad you had a great time :-)
    I'm a new follower :-)
    Have a great week!
    -Colleen

    ReplyDelete