About

Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Cheers to Twenty-Thirteen

Happy New Year!  I wish health and happiness for everyone in 2013, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous time bringing in the New Year.

Today I packed away the Christmas Tree and decorations and had my first day back in the office, for me the festivities are over... awwww!

I mentioned briefly in a previous post that I will, for the first time ever, have some New Year Resolutions, for motivational purposes I thought best to share them with you.


1. Make more time for friends and family
It can be difficult to get all the girls free at the same time or all the family in the same place at the same time (excuses, excuses) I've realised its pretty easy if I get off my butt and organise in plenty time. 

2. Get Fit
January at my local gym is crazy busy, I guess everyone has this on the list.  The last 6 months I have gained a bit of weight, as I'm short, every extra pound is noticable. My current 2-3 times a week at the gym is being pushed to 5-6 times...I WILL get back into my favourite skinny jeans!!!

3. Raise money for charity
There are thousands of charities I wish I could help them all however I am going to do what I can for two in particular that have affected my life personally.
My Dad has Multiple Sclerosis(MS) an illness that desperately needs more research and sadly back in October a friend of mine lost her battle with cancer. I am hoping at some point this year (if resolution #2 works out) to do a run for either MS or cancer research as well as organising charity parties or fun days. 

4. Become better at saving money
SPENDING money is a talent I didnt have to practise much, I'm a natural (ha ha).  I have come a long way from my shop-a-holic days, unfortunately I am still not very good when it comes to saving money.  From today I am saving for my 2013 summer holiday, goodbye nights out and shopping trips!!

5. Learn Spanish
I have started Spanish lessons 3 times and I am extremely annoyed at myself for giving them up 3 times, so this year its a must!

6. Use my sewing machine
My sister bought me a sewing machine 2 years ago for Christmas,  I had full intentions of doing some dress making....the machine hasn't made its way out the box yet!!


I'm going to stop now, I don't want to make it too difficult (ha ha) although there are things I should do but won't promise...

drink, less wine and more water
eat, more fruit and less chocolate
look after my hair and skin
give blood


Do you have any resolutions 2013? Were you successful with your 2012 resolutions?

Keep Smiling :D

357 sleeps till Christmas (haha just kidding!!)



















15 comments:

  1. The wine thing... ugh, its just too hard! ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh tell me about it, especially when returning to work after Holidays :\
      Xx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Hope you've had a wonderful time!
    I go to two kettle bell classes (on a good) week, it almost kills me ;)
    As for the money saving I'm exactly the same so that's on my list too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go you!! Weight training is my downfall I must get better xx

      Delete
  3. Hahaha 357 sleeps til Christmas! Too funny :)

    You have a great list! You can do it!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the give to charity, that is on mine as well! Happy New Year!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. great list -- happy new year!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noo - its bad luck to put your tree away before or after the 6th of january - Good luck with your resolutions anyway, they are really good and I hope you stick to them :)

    http://thesecretlonging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum says that too - up 12 days before, down 12 days after, I thought that was just her haha! I won't be home this weekend so it was either yesterday or take it down late so I guess I was doomed :( haha!!
      Thanks I think I'll need all the luck I can get!!! Xx

      Delete
  7. Great Post!

    Love your resolutions I need to learn from my drivers license :P

    P.S Just wanted to remind you that my giveaway is still open for everyone to join !
    You can only say YES to this amazing Frenchonista Clutch worth $150 !!

    Love,

    Jen

    www.the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great resolutions Angela! I'm just terrible at sticking to them when I make them :-S

    x Jo x amomentwithjo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I can, feeling motivated, for now anyway
      Xx

      Delete