About

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Countdown to Christmas #6

For me the most important thing at Christmas time is family. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing family( soppy but true) they are fab, only slightly biased, lol.

I LOVE family time!

Spending time as a family has always been precious to me, but it can be difficult to get us all in the same place at the same time these days, life can get in the way :(
Up until about 4 years ago we all still stayed at home (parents house is always considered home, isn't it?) now we have to make arrangements just so we can all be around the same dinner table. Not at Christmas time though...

On Christmas Eve we all go to church together for a midnight mass then we spend most of Christmas day and night together at our parents house :) that's why it's my favourite time of year!

I have many friends who are not Christian or religious at all, that still celebrate Christmas purely for the family time.

Do you have any family traditions for Christmas?

(Note: I couldn't find a Christmas pic with us all in, so I added one below of me with my favourite people at my sisters wedding
L2R-Me, Dad, Cheryl, Papa(who has recently gone to heaven) Mum and Donna)


This week....
I've had the Christmas songs blasting on my iPod since Monday my favourite at the moment is the super cute,
Jackson5 - Frosty the Snowman

What's your favourite Christmas song?

Also been wearing Christmas themed socks (I know I'm so cool, haha) my fave were todays Rudolph ones!!


Keep Smiling :D

Less than 2 weeks people, 13 more sleeps to go....













17 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore my family. I wish I loved closer to them because I don't get to spend Christmas with them :(

    I love way too many Christmas songs to list just one!

    I'm really loving your Christmas posts and of course your socks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!!!

      Haha I'm driving my family crazy with my excitement for Christmas so glad someone is liking my posts :)
      Xx

      Delete
  2. Love Christmas music! I've been listening to it at work ever since Thanksgiving was over! Gets me in a festive mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I've only just convinced the girls in my office to play the Christmas music, now they are all loving it too
      Xx

      Delete
  3. Those instagram pics are too cute and I am SO excited for Christmas!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet New York is amazing at Christmas time, I LOVE New York but have never been at Christmas time :(....yet xx

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you have a lovely Christmas! I wish I had a bigger family but treasure the time I have with my little gang :) Cute socks! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little family is getting bigger got a brother-in-law last year and getting another one next year so hoping to get some little babies soon too :) :)

      Xx

      Delete
  5. I love being together with my WHOLE family. Those moments are so rare but SO special! Sounds like you have a great Christmas eve tradition. I've always wanted to go to midnight mass on Christmas eve, but the latest mass my church has is 8:00. My mom went to midnight mass as a kid and always talks about how special it was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely! Sadly our church may be closing next year due to lack of funds :( so this Xmas eve mass might be the last one :( xx

      Delete
  6. Love that picture girl !
    hmm traditions not really, just always having diner with my grand parents and the second day with friends or something :)



    Have a warm weekend !

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christmas, it is my favorite time of year!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those socks are probably my favorite thing I've seen all week.

    ReplyDelete