About

Friday, 27 June 2014

Sometimes life throws lemons

*NOTE - this post is not rose tinted*

Most of my friends have children, for me it's a great excuse to play on trampolines, visit the zoo, watch Disney movies and generally do anything I should have stopped doing when I turned thirTEEN.

When it comes to children they say you shouldn't have favourites, well, I'm afraid I do!

L is my favourite, he's our best friends' little boy, last week he turned 8 years old, we bought him a Star Wars chess set, Lego Movie Xbox game and a Chelsea Football shirt which he loved!!

Last month he was diagnosed with Leukemia.

I cannot even put into words how that makes feel. I'm not even going to try and attempt to. NUMB.

I have always been exceptionally good at maintaining positivity and happiness, even during the toughest of times, but for this I've had to dig deep and use everything I have to find the strength to put a smile on and be there for my favourite little guy and his mummy and daddy. 

I can confirm sporting a fake 'brave face' is tough but watching people you love suffering is the toughest thing in the world!!

They say everything happens for a reason, what could possibly be a reason for children fighting cancer, or anyone for that matter!

My Mum says all we can do is pray for L... For the first time, I questioned my faith!?


I don't want to write the most depressing blogpost in history, I just felt like sharing why I have been missing from the blogosphere (yet again) 


I hope you are all well!
Hopefully I'll be back soon with some positivity and smiling!


XO

2 comments:

  1. Great post,love!You have an amazing blog.Following you via GFC now,hope you'll do the same!:)

    xoxo Antonella!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I've just seen this post and I'm so sorry to hear this : ( How is he? Life is definitely not always fair : ( xx

    ReplyDelete