About

Friday, 1 February 2013

Life begins at 40...then why does it end at 29?

Before I begin, apologies if this is long winded and boring, if you are a young pup, it probably will be!!

Hello Lovelies,

I have just come from a catch up with my 3 best friends from High School (affectionately known as The Yummy Mummy's).

Tonight our usual light hearted chit chat about what's been happening in our lives this month turned ugly as we started to discuss our approaching birthdays...our 30th birthdays!

Lyns called it her, BIG 3-Ohhh (which she whispered)
Kim called it her, 21 plus 9!
Gem well apparently it's her 5th, 25th!!

See what they done there, they've turned 30 into Voldemort - "We do not speak his name"

These girls have given birth 5 times between them and are terrified of being 30 years old! I just don't get it!?

They proceeded to show me what happens when you Google search 'turning 30', basically you are provided with several lists titled...

'Things to do before you turn 30'

We read through a few of them, to find out what exact 'things' we can do now age 29 but won't be able to after our birthdays, most of them had similar items

Get married
Run a marathon
Have a baby
Visit Australia
Buy a house
Swim with dolphins
Be where you want to be in your career
Go clubbing in Ibiza
Bungee jump/sky dive
Get a six pack
Kiss a stranger

....to name a few.
I'm pretty sure all of the above can be done after 30.
These are Bucket Lists, Right?!
Why do people feel the need to live their whole lives in just 30 years?

Next Gem produced a copy of Grazia magazine,
'Look we even have to dress differently after our birthdays!'
The glossy pages showed some pieces a stylist had pulled together for different day, office and evening looks, the categories...

20's, 30's and 40's

Ok so apparently our skirts need to be a little longer, necklines slightly higher and colour choices toned down but what about the poor people turning 50 this year, have they just to go around naked?

Do I have to ditch my favourite sweater?
 
I'm not sure if it is fear of being old, or not having achieved what you had planned or is it just a girl thing and its that damn body clock telling us to panic...

I can remember my dads 30th birthday, I was 8 years old and I thought he was ANCIENT!!!! At that time I also thought that when I was 30 I would be married to Bruce Wayne (hey, he's rich and lets be honest Batman IS the best superhero) have 6 kids (3 boys and 3 girls), work in a post office (I wanted a job where I could use a rubber stamper) and live in a pink house with 4 levels by the beach, it didn't happen, it wasn't the end of the world!

I'm not married, I don't have any children, I don't have my dream job (because it turned out to be hell, but that's a whole other blog post) I haven't travelled all over the globe and I don't have plan for my life!
I'm still super happy!


So I eventually turned the 'OMG I'm 30' freak out around and now have my favourite Yummy Mummy's looking forward to celebrating their birthdays, saying goodbye to their 20's and welcoming in a brand new decade/chapter!

I think this is what cheered them up most, some hot celeb ladies who will also be celebrating 30th birthdays this year...

Cheryl Cole
Jamie Chung
Carrie Underwood
Miranda Kerr
 
 
Mila Kunis
Pippa Middleton
Emily Blunt
Kate Bosworth

I wonder if any of them are freaking at 30?

So lovelies, I'm not scared of 30, I'm actually super excited... I'm going to Vegas!!!

I'm pretty sure I'm still going to love One Direction, all the MTV shows (Teen Mom, super sweet 16 etc), I'm still going to wear short skirts and bikinis, go to clubs, watch Disney and Harry Potter movies to death and be obsessed with pink and sparkles!


We got the place all pretty to say farewell to the BF's 20's

My boyfriend turned 30 last year (which he survived, with no more than a hangover) so when I came home I asked him
'Has anything changed for you since you turned 30?'

He replied 'Hmmm not really, I have noticed one of my eyebrow hairs grows really long now!'

There you have it people nothing changes well nothing Tweezerman can't sort out!!!


However if you can think of ANYTHING that I really shouldn't do after 30, please let me know as only I have 6 months left... ;)

I'm off now to watch Friends - The One Where They All Turn 30 :)

Have a fab weekend

Keep Smiling :D


30 comments:

  1. LOVE this! So, I'm turning 26 this year and I'm not sure if it's because I'm not too close to 30 yet, but I'm also looking forward to getting older. I feel like the older I get, I feel wiser, more confident, etc. Here's to the good things about getting older right ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree!! I found my 20's a journey of figuring myself out and learning to love life!

      My little sister is 26 this year too ( gosh that makes me feel old!!!)

      Xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm already there, no changes here ;)I agree, happiness is what matters, who cares how old we are! Great post Angela, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky, good to know :) happiness is key regardless of the number :) xx

      Delete
  3. ahahah I thought this was a FABULOUS post!!
    I'll be looking forward to what you think of the 30s. :D
    I think you hit it right though - as we get older, it's the fear of not accomplishing our own personal goals that freak us out.
    I'm 25 in a few days and I have those thoughts of not being where I want to be at this age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Don't put too much pressure on yourself, my life was going exactly as I'd planned then it all went wrong just before I turned 25! I freaked out majorly, I'm on an a new adventure now, no life plans just enjoying myself :) xxx

      Delete
  4. yay my idol carrie underwood!

    im turning 20 this year haha, so thats not 30, but im freaking out about not being a teenager anymore. how am i supposed to do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's awesome isn't she!!!
      I do feel your pain I remember turning 20 I was in a club with my friends when the clock struck midnight they all said Happy Birthday and I..burst into tears!!! A few days later I was back in that same club having a great time!! You'll be just fine :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Really enjoyed reading this post. I'm 21, but I don't see 30 as being anything huge at all? I have to admit though, I am freaking out about trying to find the perfect job already, but there's a lot of time for that. You definitely should NOT ditch that sweater, you look so cute in it!

    catrionamacleod.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      Plenty time Catriona don't pressurise yourself to find it straight away it's all about trial and error, I speak from experience!!!!! You'll find the perfect job eventually trust me!

      Haha my boyfriend bought it for me at Christmas we tried to find a horrible Christmas sweater for ages with no luck so he bought me this instead <3

      Xx

      Delete
  6. I completely agree that age shouldn't be something that you dread. I'm 30 and I'm the happiest I've ever been. It's all a state of mind and the way I see it, the older I get the more I will learn. That can only be a good thing. I definitely don't plan on lengthening my skirts, dulling down my colours and heightening my necklines.lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to that!!!
      I'm also the happiest I've ever been :) xx

      Delete
  7. 30 has bad pr! The ironic thing the thirties are awesome. All that angst in the twenties ugh. You couldn't pay me to be 21 again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me either been there done it and only 6months left wearing the T-shirt lol xx

      Delete
  8. Hey! I'm your newest follower, and I'm glad I found your blog as I loved this post. I'm coming up to 28, so of a similar age and a few of my friends have recently turned 30 and it's been exactly the same, all the hush-hush and bad PR... I actually think as I get older my life gets BETTER! And I'm no where near where I thought I would be (check my blog for that one!)... but hey, if we are having fun and enjoying life thats all that matters!

    Looking forward to reading lots more posts from you..

    Lyndsay ♡
    Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I really love your blog :)
      Happiness is definitely the most important thing in life :)
      Xx

      Delete
  9. I totally agree! It is crazy how your perspective changes though, I always thought if be married with kids by the time I was 30. I'm less than 2yrs away from it and nowhere near any of those things. Still plenty time though the worlds not ending!
    Lauren
    www.livinginaboxx.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I'm sure ill have that one day...if I don't when I'm turning 40 I might worry then ;) xx

      Delete
  10. nice and interesting post! You can feel great at any age!)
    kisses)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's funny when people are so worried about turning older. I just turned 25, which, while it's 5 years off 30, I'm still not scared to face that age when it finally comes. Besides, you can always tick items off your bucket list after you turn 30!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I've yet to find something I won't be able to do after I turn 30 :) x

      Delete
  12. Lovely blog, i'm a new follower :)

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just LOVE this post!! I turned 30 in October and I refuse to act like some old lady. I'm not. I'm still going to do as I feel. I am going to act the way I feel and not an age.

    I'm loving my 30s so far and you will too!

    You're also welcoming 30 in the best place ever! I did the same :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Faith!!
      I'm a massive big kid and I can't see that changing because of just another birthday :)
      I can't wait for Vegas :):)
      Xx

      Delete
  14. I LOVE THIS POST. So much!! Life certainly DOES NOT end at 30. I need to constantly remind my hubby of that, as his "big 3-ohhh" is happening in July! As for your adorable Tink sweater, no you do NOT have to ditch it. Oh, and your Voldemort reference had me laughing so much. You're adorable.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think I could possibly relate anything to Harry Potter!!!
      Aww I had to do the same last year when my boyfriend turned 30!
      Thanks for commenting you're so sweet xx

      Delete
  15. Two things - don't fret over being in your thirties and don't fret about 40 or any other age for that matter. There is nothing magical or diabolical about an age. Remember one thing to do - celebrate that you made it this far. Many have not. If you are not in jail than you got that going for you too. Oh I'm about to turn 6 again if I count by 10.

    ReplyDelete